Your cart is loading…
Approaching the Flames
This drawing of autumn cottonwoods is striking for how the bright autumn leaves appear to flare in the October sun. The drawing depicts a mountainside near our home where fir-covered slopes plummet into a flat river delta. Deciduous trees, grasses and ponds flourish in the lush soil while the dark mountains rise all around. As I approached them one autumn day, the cottonwoods lit up like fire against the shadowed slope. It was a fun drawing to do, with a more abstract presentation and impressionist strokes in the tree branches.
• Based on an original graphite drawing
• Artist examines and approves all files before printing
• 100%, 30 day money-back guarantee
• Printed using archival inks, which are laboratory tested and estimated to last up to 300 years under certain conditions*
• Acid free paper is heavy and free of acidic lignin to resist fading, yellowing, and cracking
• Heirloom-quality prints
• Prints are carefully wrapped and packaged by hand to prevent damage in transit
• Gorgeous prints closely match the tones and values of the original drawing
*Based on Wilhelm Imaging Research’s paper Canon image PROGRAF iPF6100 and Canon LUCIA Pigment Inks, released 6/15/09. PDF report available upon request.
Click on a size option to add it to your cart.
8" x 10"
16” x 20”
24” x 36”
Much more art awaits you.discover more galleries